LYALLPUR KHALSA COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, JALANDHAR
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (2019-20)
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
- Understand basic concepts of accounting, law, management and taxation.
- Application of accounting standards of contemporary corporate system and legislation.
- Knowledge about laws related to consumers, employees, tax and industries.
- Specialized acquaintance of banking, insurance and accounting.
B. B. A.
- Familiarise the basics of business organisations, business communication and economics.
- Elaborate clarification of various branches of management i.e. human resource and financial
- Comprehensive details of organisation behaviour, customer relationship management, Ebanking and international business organisation.
B. Voc. (Retail Management)
- Imparting knowledge of effective advertising and sales promotion.
- Basic conceptual knowledge of problems encountered at operational level.
- Knowledge about computerized mechanism for database management system.
- Understanding of skills to develop congenial customer relations.
- Understanding of planning and management of finances, taxes, accounting in context of
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial system and portfolio management.
- Advance learning of E-commerce and contemporary issues in human resource management,
marketing and accounting.
- Practical acquaintance to stock markets, human resources and marketing through industrial visits
and stock exchange working.
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND IT
- Knowledge to develop computer programs in the areas related to web designing, application
- To understand latest trends in technological development and innovate ideas and solutions to
- Conceptual learning of computer usage as well as its practical business applications.
- To demonstrate advanced skills in the effective analysis design and realization of business system
utilizing contemporary information technology.
- Understanding of basic inputs in various aspects of and a broad understanding of IT and other
- Knowledge to develop and maintain software’s using different programming languages,
networking, backend and application development.
- Develop IT oriented security issues and protocols.
M.Sc. (Computer Science)
- Serve as programmers or software engineers with sound knowledge of practical and theoretical
concepts for developing software.
- Knowledge about database management system to become system administrators.
- Solve problems related to programming networking database and web design.
- Thorough understanding of latest web development technologies.
M. Sc. (IT)
- Understanding about techniques, technologies and methods used in managing and implementing
information technology systems.
- Understanding of computing technologies and covers high level concept that enable the effective
management and planning of IT project and services.
- High level strategy and design in-depth technical specializations, management and planning of IT
project and services.
- In-depth exposure to various information technology specialization including data management
and analysis, distributed and mobile system, intelligent system, internet and web application
development, network computing and security.
Will have intellectual and conceptual foundation to play leading roles in the development of
information technology industry.
DCA (Diploma in Computer Application)
- To train students with skills required for designing, developing applications in information
- Knowledge about various subjects of computer and information technology.
PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application)
- Advanced training to the students for designing, developing applications in information
- Advanced knowledge about various subjects of computer and information technology.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES
B.A. with Elective and Compulsory English as a subject
- To attain the skill in usage of correct form and structure of English language to prepare
students for effective communication
- Knowledge of English literature to help students to deepen their understanding of history,
society and culture.
- Understanding the basics of communicating in English efficiently and mastering skills like
listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Facilitates to build vocabulary thus enhancing personal and professional growth.
- Advanced knowledge of phonetics, spoken English, grammar, prose, writing and short
- In-depth knowledge of linguistics as well as Rhetoric and advanced composition.
- Familiarisation with renaissance and contemporary drama.
- Advanced knowledge of poetry from renaissance to romantic and Victorian to modern.
- Insights into Punjabi literature in translation, Irish literature, Indian writing in English,
American literature and post colonial literature.
- Students learn to appreciate literacy criticism and modern literacy.
B. A. with Elective Hindi as a subject
- Familiarise students with Hindi literature.
- Allows the students to express themselves creatively in Hindi.
- In-depth knowledge of the language which opens career avenues in the field.
- To gain a deeper understanding of cultural context and history.
- Advanced knowledge of old and contemporary poetry.
- In-depth learning of Hindi literature including novels, drama as well as stories.
- Understanding of linguistics and literary criticism theories.
- Advanced knowledge of functional Hindi and its application in journalism.
General Punjabi and Basic Punjabi both are compulsory subjects for Graduation
- Being the regional language the students learn the correct structure of the language.
- Punjabi literature familiarises the students with culture, folklore and thoughts.
- Punjabi is an essential requirement for jobs of government sector especially in the state of
Punjab so the students must be proficient in its use.
- Advanced knowledge of old and contemporary poetry.
- In-depth learning of Punjabi literature including novels, culture, folklore and thoughts.
- Advanced knowledge of functional Punjabi and its application in journalism.
Department of Mathematics
B. Sc. (Computer Science)/ B.Sc. (Economics) / B. A. (Mathematics)
- Provides explanatory analysis related to fundamentals and applications of integral calculus,
methods to solve various differential equations and concepts.
- Gain understanding of algebra and trigonometry including concepts such as applications of
matrices, eigen values, eigen vectors, De-Moivre’s theorem and to also learn concepts of
calculus such as limit and continuity, successive differentiation, Taylor’s and Maclaurin’s
- Knowledge of analysing sequences and various tests such as convergence of series, Riemann
- Understanding concepts of dynamics i.e. rectilinear motion, Curvilinear motion, Newton’s
laws etc. and also of number theory i.e. Diophantine equations, congruence’s etc.
Department of Economics
B.Sc. / B.A. (Economics)
- Provide fundamental information about micro economics i.e. concepts like consumer behaviour,
product behaviour, distribution of income etc.
- Detailed learning of Indian economy and Indian economic problems.
- Knowledge about macro economic variables, theories of income and employment determination.
- Thorough learning of basic concepts and theories of International trade and public finance
- enabling the students to know the link between domestic policies and international scenario.
- Analysis of data using different statistical techniques and methods
Department of History
- Knowledge about Indian and World history.
- Allows the students to learn about the roots of our cultural heritage.
- Knowledge about the various crucial past events that took place in history.
- Knowledge about the various past lost civilizations and regions of the world.
- In-depth knowledge of major events in world and Indian history.
- To understand changing historiographical trends in the world and formulate critical thinking.
- To understand cultural heritage and cultural past of the world.
Department of Geography
B. A. (Geography)
- Acquaint students with our planet, its evolution and ever-changing phases due to forces operating
over and inside it.
- Learn vital concepts of lithosphere, atmosphere and hydrosphere
- Understanding of physical and human resource base and their interface with economic
- Inculcates in the students a sense of belongingness to nature and conserve it.
Department of Music Vocal
B. A. (Music Vocal)
- Knowledge of raga’s, tala’s and rythms of Indian classical music.
- Learning to create music based on moods and lyrics.
- Enables students for individual or group singing.
- Enables the students to possess both theoretical and functional knowledge of using
instruments as well.
Department of Music Instrumental
B. A. (Music Instrumental)
- Knowledge of classical Indian instruments.
- Thorough knowledge of playing the various musical instruments.
- Enables students to analyse and synthesize music independently.
Department of Fashion Designing
B.A. /B. Sc. (Fashion Designing)
- Identification and classification of different fabrics and their use.
- Knowledge about various dyeing and printing techniques.
- Knowledge about different textiles and merchandising.
- Understanding different weaves, embroideries and fashion illustrations with use of software
being used in fashion and textile industries.
- Successful handling of exhibitions organised by the department.
M. Sc. (Fashion Designing and Merchandising)
- In-depth knowledge of different styles of garment construction.
- Knowledge about various techniques of styling and stitching of garments.
- Industrial trainings for hands-on experience of textile construction and surface enhancement.
Diploma in Stitching and Tailoring (DST)
- Knowledge about basic concepts of garment construction.
- Knowledge about different textiles and fabrics.
- Knowledge of garment construction using different techniques.
Post Graduate Diploma in Garment Construction and Fashion Designing (PGDGC & FD)
- Knowledge about advanced concepts of garment construction and styling techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction.
- Knowledge of garment beautification using different techniques.
Department of Fine Arts and Applied Arts
B.A. (Fine Arts)/ B.A. (Applied Arts)
- Art inculcates a sense of aesthetic in the students which can be applied in various aspects.
- Knowledge about various tools and colors and its use.
- Knowledge about different forms of art such as still life, portrait etc.
- Knowledge about various ways of advertising any product for consumers.
- Enables the student to enhance their imagination and create innovative ideas.
- Enables a student to become independent.
Department of Home Science
B. A. (Home Science)
- A skill-oriented course which enables students to become self-sufficient and enhances their
general quality of life.
- Understand the effective management of available resources and organise them efficiently.
- Knowledge about different fabrics, embroideries, printing techniques and garment
- Knowledge about various nutrients and related concepts.
- Elaborate understanding of therapeutic nutrition and designing patient specific diet plans.
- Thorough learning of various parameters related to holistic development of a child which
includes the psychological, cognitive, behavioural, social, language as well as emotional
Department of Cosmetology
Diploma in Cosmetology
- Knowledge about skin type, personal grooming etc.
- Learning the art of using makeup tools and also of body painting.
- Understanding the use of hairstyling tools and to create different hairstyles.
Post Graduate Diploma in Cosmetology
- Knowledge of color theory, makeup planning, personality grooming and cosmetic science.
- Learning application of manual and mechanised makeup according to specific face structure
- Advanced learning of the art of using makeup tools and also of body painting.
- Advanced understanding the use of hairstyling tools and to create different hairstyles.
- Understanding of concepts and developing, planning creative ideas: maintaining portfolio.
Web Designing and Office Automation
Computer Aided Accountancy and Management
SKILL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
- Improve communication skills of the students and preparing them to appear them in interviews.
- Knowledge about correct use of grammar, tenses and also sentence construction.
- Understanding of phonology and transcription of words.
- Enhance vocabulary of the students.
- Knowledge of different skills such as drawing, rendering.
- Understanding of principles and elements of design and stitching.
- To inculcate skills related to arts and crafts.
- Impart knowledge for utilization of various art materials.
- Enhance aesthetic sense and overall personality of the students.
- Students can earn independently after learning these skills.
- Familiarization with the basic aspect of aesthetics and its application in various ways.
- Expansion of horizon of imagination of the students to help create innovative ideas.
- Enable students apply their knowledge in the creation of beautiful living spaces.
- Inculcation of entrepreneur skills in the students to make them self-sufficient.